American Concentration Camps VOLUME 2 January 1, 1942- February 19, 1942
Volume 2 divides into two sections. Description about this volume reads directly from the book as follows: The first section features archival documents that show chiefly how the decision to relocate the West Coast Japanese evolved from conflicting views both outside and inside the executive branch. The second section features reports of the Anti-Axis Committee, Los Angeles Japanese American citizens League (JACL) where these documents show the stresses and strains placed on loyal Japanese American citizens, some of whom were persuaded that there were "enemies" among them.
- Geographic communities -- California -- Los Angeles
- Community activities -- Associations and organizations -- The Japanese American Citizens League
- World War II
- World War II -- Mass removal ("evacuation")
- World War II -- Mass removal ("evacuation") -- "Evacuation Day"
- World War II -- Mass removal ("evacuation") -- Aftermath
- World War II -- Mass removal ("evacuation") -- Exclusion orders
- World War II -- Mass removal ("evacuation") -- Preparation
- Japanese American Citizens League
Courtesy of Roger Daniels, Densho
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.