Pacific Citizen, Vol. 103, No. 25 (December 19-26, 1986)
Pacific Citizen 1986 Collection
Special holiday issue organized into sections A 1-32, B 1-64, and A 33-64. Selected article titles: "As Others See Us: An Overview" (pp. A-4, A-13, A-20), "The Dilemma of the 'Model Minority' Image" (p. A-14), "Minoru Yasui, 1916-1986: In Remembrance" (pp. B-1-B-2), "The Nisei of the 1800 Engineer General Service Battalion: An Untold Story" (pp. B-39-B-40, B-52), "Tadao Fuchikami and the Pearl Harbor Attack Warning Message" (pp. A-34, A-46-A-47, A-50), and "Draft Resistance at Heart Mountain" (pp. A-58-A-62).
The holiday issue included advertisements bought by JACL members and chapters that included personal addresses and phone numbers to better foster communications between Japanese American communities. These addresses and phone numbers have been redacted to help protect the privacy of Japanese American communities.
December 19-26, 1986
- Arts and literature -- Literary arts -- Fiction
- Community activities -- Associations and organizations -- The Japanese American Citizens League
- Identity and values -- Japanese American identity
- Journalism and media -- Community publications -- Pacific Citizen
- Reflections on the past
- World War II -- Military service -- 1800th Engineer General Service Battalion
- World War II -- Pearl Harbor and aftermath
- World War II -- Resistance and dissidence -- Draft resistance
- World War II -- Resistance and dissidence -- Supreme Court cases -- Minoru Yasui
Courtesy of the Pacific Citizen
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.