ddr-one-1-335 (ONLC 3153)
Black and white photographic negative of a large crowd of Buddhists gathered outside Collin's Field House in Seattle, Washington. Reverend Tatsuya Ichikawa sitting in right hand corner. First row far left: Kiku Fujita, fourth from left: Yasuko (Hashimoto) Morita. Second row: fifth from left is Irene (Fujii) Mano, sixth from left: Elaine Miyake. Fourth row directly behind Irene (Fujii) Mano is Yoshiko Shitamae. Fifth row directly behind Yoshiko Shitamae is Jack Matsui. Fifth row third from the right: George Osaki, fourth from the right: Ben Deguchi. Seventh row seventh from the left: Kazuo Yokoyama, eighth from the left: Harue Sao.
- Geographic communities -- Oregon -- Portland
- Geographic communities -- Washington -- Seattle
- Community activities -- Conventions and conferences
- Identity and values -- Japanese American identity
- Religion and churches -- Buddhism
- World War II -- Leaving camp -- "Resettlement"
- World War II -- Leaving camp -- Returning home
- Hirahara, Frank (photographer)
Japanese American Museum of Oregon; Portland, Oregon
Courtesy of Frank C. Hirahara Collection, Japanese American Museum of Oregon
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.