Young Buddhist League Convention Court and Queen
ddr-one-1-26 (ONLC 2798)
Black and white photographic print of the Fourth Annual Northwest Young Buddhist League's Convection Court and Queen. Left to Right: Mae (Okazaki) Sasaki of Tacoma, Washington; Margaret Tomoguchi of Seattle, Washington; Mary (Nakata) Fujii of Portland, Oregon (Queen); Sumi (Hashimoto) Kurokawa, and Takako Nitta of Spokane, Washington. This photograph was found in Frank Hirahara's memorabilia of his time in Oregon.
- Geographic communities -- Oregon
- Geographic communities -- Oregon -- Portland
- Geographic communities -- Washington
- Geographic communities -- Washington -- Seattle
- Geographic communities -- Washington -- Tacoma
- Community activities -- Associations and organizations
- Identity and values -- Nisei
- Religion and churches -- Buddhism
- Religion and churches -- Religious organizations
- World War II -- Leaving camp -- "Resettlement"
- World War II -- Leaving camp -- Returning home
Japanese American Museum of Oregon; Portland, Oregon
Courtesy of Frank C. Hirahara Collection, Japanese American Museum of Oregon
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.