Letter to Yuri Domoto from Yoshito Shibata
Letter to Yuriko Domoto Tsukada from Yoshito Shibata in which he recalls a month long recruitment trip to some of the WRA camps for qualified Niseis to join MIS. His writing includes a mention for being present to an incident at Poston (possibly the Poston Strike or the incidences that lead to the strike). He talks about his feelings after visiting the camps, and getting a furlough to New York City because he can't visit Tule Lake to see his family. He asks Yuri to explain a Civil Service ruling that prevented her and others from not getting a leave of absence.
- World War II -- Resistance and dissidence -- Community responses to resistance
- World War II -- Military service -- Military Intelligence Service
- World War II -- Concentration camps -- Living conditions
- World War II -- Concentration camps -- Impact of incarceration
- World War II -- Concentration camps -- Food
- World War II -- Concentration camps -- Facilities, services, and camp administration
- Military service -- Enlisting and recruiting
- Shibata, Yoshito
- Tsukada, Yuriko (Domoto)
Courtesy of Yuriko Domoto Tsukada Collection, Densho
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.