Hanamatsuri (birth of Buddha celebration) Odori Performance
ddr-one-1-407 (ONLC 3225)
Black and white photographic negative of two unidentified dancers with fans performing an Odori folk dance on stage for Hanamatsuri (birth of Buddha celebration) inside the Oregon Buddhist Church (now known as Oregon Buddhist Temple). Two woman sit on stage in western style clothes, one playing a shamisen.
- Arts and literature -- Performing arts -- Dance -- Odori
- Geographic communities -- Oregon -- Portland
- Community activities -- Festivals, celebrations, and holidays
- Identity and values -- Japanese American identity
- Religion and churches -- Buddhism
- World War II -- Leaving camp -- "Resettlement"
- World War II -- Leaving camp -- Returning home
Oregon Nikkei Endowment; Portland, Oregon
Courtesy of Frank C. Hirahara Collection, Oregon Nikkei Endowment
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.