Hanamatsuri (birth of Buddha celebration) Odori Performance
ddr-one-1-404 (ONLC 3222)
Black and white photographic negative of an Odori folk dance performance on a stage for Hanamatsuri (birth of Buddha celebration) at Oregon Buddhist Church (now known as the Oregon Buddhist Temple). Dancers on stage from left to right: Mary (Nakata) Fujii, Shiz (Fujita) Inaba.
- Arts and literature -- Performing arts -- Dance -- Odori
- Community activities -- Festivals, celebrations, and holidays
- Geographic communities -- Oregon -- Portland
- Identity and values -- Japanese American identity
- Religion and churches -- Buddhism
- World War II -- Leaving camp -- "Resettlement"
- World War II -- Leaving camp -- Returning home
Oregon Nikkei Endowment; Portland, Oregon
Courtesy of Frank C. Hirahara Collection, Oregon Nikkei Endowment
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.