Obon Festival- Odori folk dance
ddr-one-1-289 (ONLC 3110)
Black and white photographic negative of Obon dancers performing an Odori folk dance at Obon. From left to right: Jean Yasuko (Kida) Tomita, Nami (Miura) Koida, Beti ann (Minamoto) Wantroba, unidentified, Yachiyo Morita, and Sakae Kobayashi. Obon is an annual event hosted by the Oregon Buddhist Church (now known as Oregon Buddhist Temple) and attended by the wider Nikkei community.
- Arts and literature -- Performing arts -- Dance -- Odori
- Geographic communities -- Oregon -- Portland
- Community activities -- Festivals, celebrations, and holidays -- Obon
- Identity and values -- Japanese American identity
- Religion and churches -- Buddhism
- World War II -- Leaving camp -- "Resettlement"
- World War II -- Leaving camp -- Returning home
Japanese American Museum of Oregon; Portland, Oregon
Courtesy of Frank C. Hirahara Collection, Japanese American Museum of Oregon
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.