Obon Festival- Odori folk dance
ddr-one-1-261 (ONLC 3084)
Black and white photographic negative of two lines of dancers performing an Odori (traditional Japanese folk dance) at Obon. Right line from left to right: Mr. Tsujimura, Atsuko "Alice" Kida, Susanne Mineko (Sasaki) Myer. Left line, third from left: Don Oishi. Obon is an annual event hosted by the Oregon Buddhist Church (now known as Oregon Buddhist Temple) and attended by the wider Nikkei community.
- Arts and literature -- Performing arts -- Dance -- Odori
- Geographic communities -- Oregon -- Portland
- Community activities -- Festivals, celebrations, and holidays -- Obon
- Identity and values -- Japanese American identity
- Religion and churches -- Buddhism
- World War II -- Leaving camp -- "Resettlement"
- World War II -- Leaving camp -- Returning home
- Hirahara, Frank (photographer)
Japanese American Museum of Oregon; Portland, Oregon
Courtesy of Frank C. Hirahara Collection, Japanese American Museum of Oregon
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.