Pacific Citizen, Vol. 53, No. 25 (December 22, 1961)
Special holiday issue organized into sections A 1-24, B 1-16, and C 1-4. Selected article titles: "'Evacuation' JACL Statement and Command Decision" (pp. A-1, A-3-A-7), "Nisei Actors Come of Age" (p. A-8), "Chronology of War Relocation Authority Activities" (pp. A-22-A-23), and "JACL vs. Lechner" (pp. B-15-B-16).
The holiday issue included advertisements bought by JACL members and chapters that included personal addresses and phone numbers to better foster communications between Japanese American communities. These addresses and phone numbers have been redacted to help protect the privacy of Japanese American communities. Please contact Densho to request the original version.
December 22, 1961
- Arts and literature -- Literary arts -- Fiction
- Arts and literature -- Literary arts -- Poetry
- Arts and literature -- Performing arts
- Community activities -- Associations and organizations -- The Japanese American Citizens League
- Journalism and media -- Community publications -- Pacific Citizen
- Race and racism
- World War II -- Administration -- War Relocation Authority (WRA)
- World War II -- Mass removal ("evacuation")
Courtesy of the Pacific Citizen
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.