Pacific Citizen, Vol. 45, No. 17 (October 25, 1957)
Select article titles: "Cemetery Sued. Refuses to Bury Child of Negro" (p. 1); "Supreme Court smashes another Southern attempt to block school desegregation" (p. 1); "Problem of internment of Japanese reported nil" (p. 1); "First Nisei International Convention opens in Tokyo; Kishi welcomes 500 delegates, hopes Nisei can help link nations" (p. 1); "Minority bias in auto insurance charged by Sac'to legislator" (p. 3); "Anti-NAACP laws passed in Virginia being tried" (p. 3); "Colo. Supreme Court Reules on Bias Convenants" (p. 8).
- Activism and involvement -- Civil rights
- Geographic communities -- California
- Geographic communities -- California -- Los Angeles
- Community activities -- Associations and organizations -- The Japanese American Citizens League
- Identity and values -- Issei
- Identity and values -- Japanese American identity
- Identity and values -- Nisei
- Industry and employment -- Law
- Journalism and media -- Community publications -- Pacific Citizen
- Race and racism -- Discrimination
- Redress and reparations
Courtesy of the Pacific Citizen
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.