Pacific Citizen, Vol. 45, No. 13 (September 27, 1957)
Select article titles: "Author Gwen Terasaki Urges Nisei Serve As U.S.-Japan 'Bridge'" (p. 1); "Japanese request for continuing U.S. importation of temporary farm workers hinges on special gov't survey; no decision yet" (p. 1); "Justice Dep't okays 72 claims in August" (p. 2); "Formation of Nisei Voters League in San Francisco hailed by editor; 'isolationistic' trend held as political realism" (p. 3); "Nisei chemist aids in study of measuring cancerous elements in smog" (p. 3); "Dillon Myers to Visit Japan for First Time" (p. 8); "1st Nisei Confirmed as Federal Judge 'At Home' in JACL Office" (p. 8).
- Activism and involvement -- Civil rights
- Geographic communities -- California
- Geographic communities -- California -- Los Angeles
- Geographic communities -- California -- San Francisco
- Community activities -- Associations and organizations -- The Japanese American Citizens League
- Identity and values -- Issei
- Identity and values -- Japanese American identity
- Identity and values -- Nisei
- Industry and employment -- Law
- Journalism and media -- Community publications -- Pacific Citizen
- Redress and reparations
Courtesy of the Pacific Citizen
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.