Pacific Citizen, Vol. 45, No. 6 (August 9, 1957)
Select article titles: "Matsudaira sorry on acceptance of 'Jap'" (p. 1); "Senate Passes Civil Rights Bill By 72 to 18 Vote" (p. 1); "Amb. Matsudaira's acceptance of word 'Jap' viewed as setback in JACL national campaign to elimiate racial slur" (p. 1); "L.A. consul feels protest 'appropriate'" (p. 2); "New York: Protest Delegation Planned by Chapter on Use of Word 'Jap'" (p. 4); "JACL disappointed over White House view on vested prop." (p. 8); "JACL Endorses Administration Move to Change Immigration Law" (p. 8); "Washington JACL Office helps check on Nisei casualties in Mexico earthquake" (p. 8).
- Activism and involvement -- Civil rights
- Activism and involvement -- Protests, rallies, or marches
- Geographic communities -- California
- Geographic communities -- California -- Los Angeles
- Geographic communities -- New York
- Identity and values -- Japanese American identity
- Identity and values -- Nisei
- Immigration and citizenship -- Law and legislation
- Race and racism
- Race and racism -- Discrimination
Courtesy of the Pacific Citizen
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.