Pacific Citizen, Vol. 44, No. 11 (March 15, 1957)
Select article titles: "Fem keglers smash Nat'l CL marks" (p. 1); "Orange county builder denies Nisei home; sued for $10,000" (p. 1); "Chinese Americans feel need of national organization like JACL" (p. 1); Utah civil rights bill gets shelved" (p. 1); "$90,000 advertising TV campaign signed by Kikkoman Shoyu" (p. 2); "Youngster didn't want to go to school that day because of word in textbook" (p. 3); "Philadelphia JACL celebrates 10th ann'y; hear Masakoa stress continuing need to remain vigilant to protect recent Nisei gains" (p. 4); "Nisei aide to Hawaii Delegate Burns to address March meeting of D.C. JACL" (p. 5); "Story of JACL certificates to distinguished Oregonians for wartime support placed in congressional record" (p. 8); "L.A. nursing group launch educational program to rid race bias in nursing." (p. 8).
- Activism and involvement -- Civil rights
- Geographic communities -- California
- Geographic communities -- California -- Los Angeles
- Geographic communities -- Oregon
- Community activities -- Associations and organizations -- The Japanese American Citizens League
- Identity and values -- Chinese American identity
- Identity and values -- Issei
- Identity and values -- Nisei
- Immigration and citizenship -- Law and legislation -- Legal cases
- Journalism and media -- Community publications -- Pacific Citizen
- Race and racism -- Discrimination
Courtesy of the Pacific Citizen
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.