Kay Kido Threw Her Trousseau Overboard to Become American
November 5, 1953 issue of the Mt. Adams Sun, Volume XIX, Number 6. The newspaper contains an article on the front page titled "Kay Kido Threw Her Trousseau Overboard to Become American." The article is about the Kenjiro and Miyuki "Kay" Kida process for American citizenship and their experiences living in the United States.
- Geographic communities -- Washington
- Identity and values -- Issei
- Immigration and citizenship -- Arrival
- Immigration and citizenship -- Naturalization
- Immigration and citizenship -- Picture brides
- Industry and employment -- Agriculture
- World War II -- Support from the non-Japanese American community
Oregon Nikkei Endowment; Portland, Oregon
Courtesy of Oregon Nikkei Endowment
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.