ddr-one-1-331 (ONLC 3149)
Black and white photographic negative of members of the Oregon Buddhist Church (now known as the Oregon Buddhist Temple) at a Buddhist convention at Collin's Field House in Seattle, Washington. Back row left to right: Frances (Kinoshita) Mayeda, Aki (Shiraishi) Dong, Mary (Nakata) Fujii, unidentified, Jean (Tsujimura) Takashima, remaining unidentified. Front row left to right: Sumi "Sue" (Kaga) Hasegawa, Shiz (Fujita) Inaba, Shizuko "Shiz" (Ochiai) Ota Okazaki, Mary Yamaguchi, others unidentified.
- Arts and literature -- Performing arts
- Geographic communities -- Oregon -- Portland
- Geographic communities -- Washington
- Community activities -- Conventions and conferences
- Religion and churches -- Buddhism
- World War II -- Leaving camp -- "Resettlement"
- World War II -- Leaving camp -- Returning home
Oregon Nikkei Endowment; Portland, Oregon
Courtesy of Frank C. Hirahara Collection, Oregon Nikkei Endowment
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.