Obon Festival- Dancers
ddr-one-1-244 (ONLC 3067)
Black and white photographic negative of six Obon dancers posing for the camera holding small Japanese and American flags. From left to right: Eddie Tamiyasu, Atsuko "Alice" Kida, Jean (Tsujimura) Takashima, Jean Yasuko (Kida) Tomita, Shizuko "Shiz" (Ochiai) Ota Okazaki, Atsuko "Alice" (Matsumoto) Ando. Obon is an annual event hosted by the Oregon Buddhist Church (now known as Oregon Buddhist Temple) and attended by the wider Nikkei community.
- Arts and literature -- Performing arts -- Dance -- Odori
- Geographic communities -- Oregon -- Portland
- Community activities -- Festivals, celebrations, and holidays -- Obon
- Identity and values -- Nisei
- Religion and churches -- Buddhism
- World War II -- Leaving camp -- "Resettlement"
- World War II -- Leaving camp -- Returning home
- Hirahara, Frank (photographer)
Japanese American Museum of Oregon; Portland, Oregon
Courtesy of Frank C. Hirahara Collection, Japanese American Museum of Oregon
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.