Autobiography of Arthur Yakabi
Photocopy of Arthur Yakabi's handwritten autobiography detailing his childhood in Peru, detention in the United States during WWII, and his adulthood in the United States.
- Geographic communities -- California -- Terminal Island
- Identity and values -- Latin American identity
- Japanese Latin Americans -- Deportation and internment during World War II
- Japanese Latin Americans -- Redress and reparations
- Japanese Latin Americans -- Return to Latin America after World War II
- Immigration and citizenship -- Naturalization
Courtesy of the Arthur Yakabi Collection, Densho
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.