Pacific Citizen, Vol. 45, No. 11 (September 13, 1957)
Select article titles: "JACL hails signing of civil rights bill" (p. 1); "$1.3 Million claims measure signed by Ike" (p. 1); Senate Interior Committee urges Hawaii statehood without further delaying action" (p. 1); "Cut red tape for Nisei hero" 9p. 3); "Texas would bar Negro GIs wedded to German wives" (p. 3); "Spot survey by U.S. gov't of temporary Japanese farm labor program reported" (p. 7); "3000 warbrides due" (p. 7); "President signs Amendment to Immigration Act" (p. 8); "6500 Japanese Immigrants Enter U.S. During Fiscal Year 1957" (p. 8).
- Activism and involvement: Civil rights
- Geographic communities: California
- Geographic communities: California: Los Angeles
- Geographic communities: Hawai'i
- Community activities: Associations and organizations: The Japanese American Citizens League
- Identity and values: Issei
- Identity and values: Japanese American identity
- Identity and values: Nisei
- Industry and employment: Agriculture: Farming
- Redress and reparations
Courtesy of the Pacific Citizen
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.