Pacific Citizen, Vol. 45, No. 9 (August 30, 1957)
Select article titles: "'Voting rights' bill nears approval, JACL calls for enactment by solons" (p. 1); House, Senate Approves over Million Dollars foor Claimants" (p. 1); "Teaching of English in japan Wide-open Field" (p. 2); "Housewife Urges Canada newspaper Drop use of 'Jap' in Headlines" (p. 5); "'Family Hardship' Immigration Bill O.K. By Congress Predicted" (p. 8); "Senate passes immigration bill, nearly same as House version authored by Walter" (p. 8).
- Activism and involvement -- Civil rights
- Activism and involvement -- Politics -- Lobbying
- Geographic communities -- California
- Geographic communities -- California -- Los Angeles
- Community activities -- Associations and organizations -- The Japanese American Citizens League
- Identity and values -- Issei
- Identity and values -- Nisei
- Japanese Canadians
- Journalism and media -- Community publications -- Pacific Citizen
- Race and racism
- Redress and reparations
Courtesy of the Kaneji and Sally (Fuji) Domoto Collection, Densho
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.