Pacific Citizen, Vol. 44, No. 14 (April 5, 1957)
Select article titles:"Video Stations Agree With JACL Suggestions" (p. 1); "Nisei Victimized by Bandit Curious For Robbery by Daylight" (p. 1); "Street names for Japanese American to stay, despite objections" (p. 1); "Anti-trust suit to prevent block-booking of films for TV welcomed by JACL; may lift excuse to show anti-Nisei films" (p. 1); "Actor Haswgawa arrives for 3-week U.S. visit" (p. 1); "Buffalo, N.Y., press warms up to naturalization story of Tokyo-born but Salt Lake City-bred resident, Dr. Kaneko" (p. 3); "Nisei wife escapes from No. Korea by cutting hair as men" (p. 3); "Chicago Cubs equitment manger's bother holds same job with Hollywood" (p. 6); "CBS Radio Workshop adapts Noh plays, Nisei composes original score in show" (p. 7); "Dan Aoki urges statehood for Hawaii in address before D.C. JACL chapterl would enhance U.S. forign policy in Far East" (p. 8).
- Activism and involvement -- Civil liberties
- Arts and literature -- Performing arts -- Film
- Arts and literature -- Performing arts -- Theater -- Noh
- Geographic communities -- California -- Los Angeles
- Community activities -- Associations and organizations -- The Japanese American Citizens League
- Community activities -- Sports -- Baseball
- Identity and values -- Nisei
- Journalism and media -- Community publications -- Pacific Citizen
Courtesy of the Pacific Citizen
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.