Postcard to Dr. Keizaburo "Kei" Koyama from Lois Sato
Postcard addressed to Dr. Keizaburo Koyama at Camp Livingston from Lois Sato at the Portland Assembely Center. Postmarked Jul 9, 1942. On the left side of the front of the postcard is a red Censored stamp with an unknown signature. On the back of the postcard is a handwritten message from Lois Sato. She writes about being the head waitress in the baby section of the mess hall. She tells about the Koyama family's physical appearances and health.
- World War II -- Pearl Harbor and aftermath -- Arrest, searches, and seizures
- World War II -- U.S. Army internment camps
- Geographic communities -- Oregon -- Portland
- Identity and values -- Issei
- Identity and values -- Nisei
- World War II -- Temporary Assembly Centers
- World War II -- Concentration camps -- Impact of incarceration
Japanese American Museum of Oregon
Courtesy of the Koyama Family Collection, Japanese American Museum of Oregon
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.