Mid-Columbia Bulletin Vol. VI
Mid-Columbia Bulletin newsletter. Vol. VI, April 22, 1942. Written by the J.A.C.L. (Japanese American Citizens League). Covers preparations for the incarceration of the Japanese American community, including packing, property sales, personal documents (e.g. wills, letters of recommendations, etc.), financial concerns, and other information regarding the evacuation order. Includes a description about what life at the Assembly Centers might be like and what amenities were available at the Centers. Includes a survey sheet for those people wishing to store their cars through the J.A.C.L.
- Geographic communities -- Washington
- Community activities -- Associations and organizations -- The Japanese American Citizens League
- Journalism and media -- Community publications
- World War II -- Mass removal ("evacuation") -- Japanese American community responses
- World War II -- Mass removal ("evacuation") -- Preparation
Oregon Nikkei Endowment; Portland, Oregon
Courtesy of Kida Family Collection, Oregon Nikkei Endowment
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.