ddr-densho-38-5 (Legacy UID: denshopd-i38-00005)
The Bukkyo Seinenkai marked the beginning of the Seattle Buddhist Church. It was established by Chojiro Fujii and Jiro Iwamura on November 15, 1901, to meet the varied needs of Issei immigrants. By 1902, this small house at 624 Main Street in Seattle's Nihonmachi was being rented for church services. The Seattle Buddhist Church, now known as the Seattle Buddhist Temple, is presently located at 1427 South Main Street.
Courtesy of the Seattle Buddhist Temple Archives