Obon Festival- Odori folk dance
ddr-one-1-189 (ONLC 3013)
Black and white photographic negative of Obon dancers with arms extended in front. Dancers: first from left Shizuko "Shiz" (Ninomiya) Onishi, fourth from left Ed Honma, fifth from left Tom Shigeto Tamiyasu, first from right Ted Tetsuo Tamaki. Obon is an annual event hosted by the Oregon Buddhist Church (now known as Oregon Buddhist Temple) and attended by the wider Nikkei community. This image was taken at Holladay Park in Portland, Oregon.
- Arts and literature -- Performing arts
- Arts and literature -- Performing arts -- Dance -- Odori
- Geographic communities -- Oregon -- Portland
- Community activities -- Festivals, celebrations, and holidays -- Obon
- Religion and churches -- Buddhism
- World War II -- Leaving camp -- "Resettlement"
- World War II -- Leaving camp -- Returning home
Oregon Nikkei Endowment; Portland, Oregon
Courtesy of Frank C. Hirahara Collection, Oregon Nikkei Endowment
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.