Pacific Citizen, Vol. 45, No. 23 (December 6, 1957)
Select article titles: "U.S. Admits 6,000 Immigratnts from Japan in 1956-57" (p. 1); "Idaho governor urges Nisei help rid Intolerance, 1000ers celebrate" (p. 1); "Confusion among Nisei on U.S.-Japan affairs draws comment from Tokyo writer" (p. 2); "Bandits slug Issei, attempt to rob Nat'l JACL quarters" (p. 3); "Obnoxious term in 'Fuzz Young' textbook story to be deleted" (p. 3); "FEPC Hearings on Los Angeles Ordinance Held" (p. 8); "JACLers Serve on Advisory Boday to Check on Anti-discrimination" (p. 8).
- Activism and involvement -- Politics -- Hawaiian statehood
- Geographic communities -- California
- Geographic communities -- California -- Los Angeles
- Community activities -- Associations and organizations -- The Japanese American Citizens League
- Identity and values -- Issei
- Identity and values -- Japanese American identity
- Identity and values -- Nisei
- Journalism and media -- Community publications -- Pacific Citizen
- Race and racism
Courtesy of the Pacific Citizen
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.