Postcard to Dr. Keizaburo "Kei" Koyama from Teru Koyama
One cent postcard addressed to Dr. Kei Koyama at Fort Missoula from his wife, Teru Koyama, in Portland. The address on the front of the postcard is typed. Postmarked Feb 4, 1942. Censored stamp on the front, with an unknown signature in red pencil. Typed message on the back updates Kei about the children, her health, the help from Marie, and their friend Shin's volunteering for service in the army. Dated Feb 3, 1942.
- World War II -- Pearl Harbor and aftermath -- Arrest, searches, and seizures
- World War II -- U.S. Army internment camps
- Geographic communities -- Oregon -- Portland
- Identity and values -- Issei
- Identity and values -- Nisei
- World War II -- Concentration camps -- Impact of incarceration
- Education -- Secondary education
- Education -- Primary education
Japanese American Museum of Oregon
Courtesy of the Koyama Family Collection, Japanese American Museum of Oregon
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.