Pacific Citizen, Vol. 95, No. 26 (December 24-31, 1982)
Special holiday issue. Selected article titles: "Preserving Our Japanese American History: Visual Communications' Photographic Archives" (pp. 14-15), "'Offensive Stupidity' and the Struggle of Abe Tokunosuke" (pp. 31, 43, 68, 70, 76-77), "1982: The Year in Review" (pp. 52-63, 69, 78-79), and "After the Rescue of the 'Lost Battalion': 'Gothic Line' Breakthrough by 100/442 Spells End to Military Combat in Italy" (pp. 103, 123).
The holiday issue included advertisements bought by JACL members and chapters that included personal addresses and phone numbers to better foster communications between Japanese American communities. These addresses and phone numbers have been redacted to help protect the privacy of Japanese American communities.
December 24-31, 1982
- Identity and values -- Japanese American identity
- Industry and employment -- Fishing and canneries
- Journalism and media -- Community publications -- Pacific Citizen
- Race and racism -- Discrimination
- Reflections on the past
- World War II -- Military service -- 100th Infantry Battalion
- World War II -- Military service -- 442nd Regimental Combat Team
- World War II -- Military service -- Women's Army Corps/Women's Army Auxiliary Corps
- World War II -- Resistance and dissidence -- Impact of resistance on families
Courtesy of the Pacific Citizen
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.