Postcard to Dr. Keizaburo "Kei" Koyama from Teru Koyama
One cent postcard addressed to Dr. Keizaburo Koyama at Santa Fe Detention Station from his wife, Teru Koyama, at Minidoka. Postmarked Aug 16, 1943. To the left of the postmark “Aug-24-43” is written. "Examined" stamp in the lower left corner with "25-3" written on it. On the back dated Aug 15, 1943. Teru writes about the Nisei worship group at Minidoka and the play they just put on about Jesus. She writes about feeling unwell. Inquires about Kei's rehearing date.
- Religion and churches -- Christianity
- Identity and values -- Issei
- Identity and values -- Nisei
- World War II -- Pearl Harbor and aftermath -- Arrest, searches, and seizures
- World War II -- Concentration camps
- World War II -- U.S. Army internment camps
- World War II -- Concentration camps -- Impact of incarceration
- World War II -- Concentration camps -- Religion
Oregon Nikkei Endowment
Courtesy of the Koyama Family Collection, Oregon Nikkei Endowment
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.