Northwest Buddhist Convention Banquet
ddr-one-1-417 (ONLC 3235)
Black and white photographic negative of guests at the Northwest Buddhist Convention banquet dinner in the basement of the Seattle Buddhist Church. A flag with the Wheel of Dharma is visible behind the head table. Sitting at table in foreground on left hand side from left to right: Harry Toshi, unidentified, Irene (Fujii) Mano, unidentified and George Osaki. Setting at a parallel table in back on the right side of the table from left to right: Hisa Matsubara Kato and Bob Kurimoto. Sitting at the head table from left to right: Reverend Zenkai Okayama (from Portland's Oregon Buddhist Church), Reverand Tatsuyo Ichikawa (from Seattle, Washington) and Reverend Eiyu Terao (from Spokane, Washington).
- Geographic communities -- Oregon -- Portland
- Geographic communities -- Washington -- Seattle
- Community activities -- Conventions and conferences
- Identity and values -- Japanese American identity
- Religion and churches -- Buddhism
- World War II -- Leaving camp -- "Resettlement"
- World War II -- Leaving camp -- Returning home
Oregon Nikkei Endowment; Portland, Oregon
Courtesy of Frank C. Hirahara Collection, Oregon Nikkei Endowment
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.