Hanamatsuri (birth of Buddha celebration) Odori Performance
ddr-one-1-410 (ONLC 3228)
Black and white photographic negative of an Odori folk dance performance on stage for Hanamatsuri (birth of Buddha celebration) inside the Oregon Buddhist Church (now known as the Oregon Buddhist Temple). Dancer on far right is identified as Mrs. Hasagawa, dancer in back center is identified as Atsuko "Alice" (Matsumoto) Ando.
- Arts and literature -- Performing arts
- Arts and literature -- Performing arts -- Dance -- Odori
- Geographic communities -- Oregon -- Portland
- Community activities -- Festivals, celebrations, and holidays
- Religion and churches -- Buddhism
- World War II -- Leaving camp -- "Resettlement"
- World War II -- Leaving camp -- Returning home
Oregon Nikkei Endowment; Portland, Oregon
Courtesy of Frank C. Hirahara Collection, Oregon Nikkei Endowment
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.