Obon Festival- Dancers
ddr-one-1-312 (ONLC 3131)
Black and white photographic negative of two Obon dancers in costume, Mrs. Okayama is holding an "uchiwa" (fan), Yukiye Itoyama is holding a tenugui (light cotton towel). Obon is an annual event hosted by the Oregon Buddhist Church (now known as Oregon Buddhist Temple) and attended by the wider Nikkei community. Original print ONLC 3261 (ddr-one-1-437).
- Arts and literature -- Performing arts -- Dance -- Odori
- Geographic communities -- Oregon -- Portland
- Community activities -- Festivals, celebrations, and holidays -- Obon
- Identity and values -- Issei
- Religion and churches -- Buddhism
- World War II -- Leaving camp -- "Resettlement"
- World War II -- Leaving camp -- Returning home
Oregon Nikkei Endowment; Portland, Oregon
Courtesy of Frank C. Hirahara Collection, Oregon Nikkei Endowment
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.