Obon Festival- Dancers
ddr-one-1-199 (ONLC 3023)
Black and white photographic negative of Obon dancers posing for camera in front of small crowd with their backs bent slightly and arms extended. Fourth from the left is Yukiye Itoyama, fifth from the left is Eki Yumibe. Obon is an annual event hosted by the Oregon Buddhist Church (now known as Oregon Buddhist Temple) and attended by the wider Nikkei community. This image was taken at Holladay Park in Portland, Oregon.
- Arts and literature -- Performing arts -- Dance -- Odori
- Geographic communities -- Oregon -- Portland
- Community activities -- Festivals, celebrations, and holidays -- Obon
- Identity and values -- Issei
- Religion and churches -- Buddhism
- World War II -- Leaving camp -- "Resettlement"
- World War II -- Leaving camp -- Returning home
Oregon Nikkei Endowment; Portland, Oregon
Courtesy of Frank C. Hirahara Collection, Oregon Nikkei Endowment
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.